Tabasco Saucy's Note:
This is a pretty well known Chinese recipe. I saw it on TV, but I've made a couple changes. For instance, the recipe originally called for grated orange peel, but when I first made the recipe I didn't have any oranges, so instead of using orange peels I added just a splash of triple sec. It came out very good and now I use it all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb steak, sliced into one inch strips
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into one inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 4 cups cooked white rice, to serve
- 1Combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and triple sec in a large bowl an mix well.
- 2Add meat, combine and coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- 3Drain meat, reserving marinade. Add cornstarch to reserved marinated and mix until blended; set aside.
- 4Add oil to a large wok or skillet and bring to medium heat.
- 5Stir fry steak for 3 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- 6Add broccoli and stir fry for another 3 minutes, or until tender.
- 7Add reserved marinade and mango and bring to a boil.
- 8Stir constantly for two minutes or until sauce thickens and coats the meat.
- 9Add chili powder. Season to taste with pepper.
- 10Serve over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Beef and Mango Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 542.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: