Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a pretty well known Chinese recipe. I saw it on TV, but I've made a couple changes. For instance, the recipe originally called for grated orange peel, but when I first made the recipe I didn't have any oranges, so instead of using orange peels I added just a splash of triple sec. It came out very good and now I use it all the time.
- 1 lb steak, sliced into one inch strips
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into one inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 4 cups cooked white rice, to serve
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and triple sec in a large bowl an mix well.
- Add meat, combine and coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade. Add cornstarch to reserved marinated and mix until blended; set aside.
- Add oil to a large wok or skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Stir fry steak for 3 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for another 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add reserved marinade and mango and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly for two minutes or until sauce thickens and coats the meat.
- Add chili powder. Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice.