Based on a recipe from Ken Hom’s Quick & Easy Chinese Cooking. Ken says that you may substitute chicken breasts, making sure to cook for less time. As an appetizer, this recipe is engineered for a large group, but for a larger crowd, simply double or triple the ingredients. Serve hot or at room temperature, which makes them suitable for picnics. The wings and sauce can be prepared in the morning of serving day, refrigerated, and simply taken out of the refrigerator in time to get them to room temperature before cooking. The barbecue sauce can be doubled in order to use half of it later for grilled lamb or pork chops.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in an oven proof baking dish.
- Add the barbecue sauce ingredients to a blender and mix for 5 seconds.
- Pour sauce over the chicken wings and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.