1/9 Photos of Chinese Barbecued Chicken Wings
Based on a recipe from Ken Hom’s Quick & Easy Chinese Cooking. Ken says that you may substitute chicken breasts, making sure to cook for less time. As an appetizer, this recipe is engineered for a large group, but for a larger crowd, simply double or triple the ingredients. Serve hot or at room temperature, which makes them suitable for picnics. The wings and sauce can be prepared in the morning of serving day, refrigerated, and simply taken out of the refrigerator in time to get them to room temperature before cooking. The barbecue sauce can be doubled in order to use half of it later for grilled lamb or pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- 2Place the chicken wings in an oven proof baking dish.
- 3Add the barbecue sauce ingredients to a blender and mix for 5 seconds.
- 4Pour sauce over the chicken wings and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 5Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- 7Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Barbecued Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.1 mg
- Sodium 862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili bean paste