Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper.
Make and share this Chinese Baked Fish in Foil recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a cup, mix soy sauce, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Set mixture aside.
- Tear off 4-12 inch squares of aluminum foil; Place 1 fish filet on one side of each square.
- Sprinkle each filet evenly with some sliced scallion, diced red pepper, diced cucumber and minced ginger; then drizzle each filet with 1 teaspoon soy sauce mixture.
- Fold foil over filets to make packets and seal edges tightly.
- Place packets on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
- Open packets at the table, being careful of steam.
I didn't have the scallions or cucumbers (didn't have them) but this was still great. I wanted to use fish to make a chinese flavored dish. This really hit the spot. I used a spicy oil and the chinese hot sauce instead of red peppers.
Used white snapper fish instead and baking it really sealed in the flavours. Skipped the cucumber and red peppers and added sliced mushrooms instead. Decided to make 3 diagonal cuts for faster cooking where I have inserted the ginger slices and scallions too! Thanks for the recipe.