The apricots in this dish really cut through the richness of the duck. Serve with prepared cous cous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the barbeque.
- 2Using a sharp knife, cut a long slit in the leshy side of each duck breast to make a pocket.
- 3Divide the apricots and shallots between the pockets and secure with skewers.
- 4Mix the honey, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl and brush all over the duck.
- 5Sprinkle with the Chinese five-spice powder.
- 6To make the garnish, make a few cuts lengthways down the stem of each scallion.
- 7Place in iced water and leave until the stems start to curl. Drain before using.
- 8Cook the duck over medium hot coals for 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove the skewers, set on a bed of cous cous and garnish with the scallion curls.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Apricot Duck on the Grill/Bbq
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 326.4 mg
- Sodium 459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder