A recipe from Chef Lily Lei of China Lily Restaurant which I'm submitting for Zaar World Tour II.
Make and share this China Lily Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame paste (dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup thinly julienned carrot
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- sliced green onion
- 3 sheets wonton skins (thinly sliced and deep fried until crispy)
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally into two or three pieces; combine ¼ cup soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and olive oil to make a marinade; marinate the chicken for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Discard marinade; grill chicken breast pieces until cooked through; cool for 15 minutes then thinly slice chicken on the diagonal.
- Meanwhile, shake together remaining ½ cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, diluted sesame paste, sesame oil, and minced ginger to make a salad dressing; combine cabbages, carrots, bean sprouts, and water chestnuts; toss well with part of the salad dressing.
- On each serving plate, arrange sliced chicken over a bed of the dressed salad; garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, fried wonton strips, and another drizzling of salad dressing.