This NEVER goes wrong, is quick, easy and healthy. On the table in 15 minutes. Even my conservative and fussy 16 yr old brother in law loves it. Flavour is amazing! (am drooling just writing the recipe!) Just wanted to mention that the chilli powder used is Australian chilli powder (ie hot stuff) not the milder variety used in making US/Mexican chilies!!
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (use 2 tsp if cooking for spice-conservative eaters!)
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced for stir frying
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons sherry wine, but mirin is better
- 2 (500 g) packages hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Combine chilli powder, cornflour and salt; thoroughly coat chicken slices.
- Heat peanut oil in wok over med-high heat, cook chicken in 4 batches, adding more oil between batches if necessary.
- Remove from wok and leave on paper towels to drain.
- Put hokkein noodles in a strainer and run under warm water, using your fingers to separate the noodles.
- Re-heat wok over medium heat, add a splash of oil and stir-fry carrot and spring onion for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and mirin, toss for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce and 2 tab water, stir through then cover and steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken, toss, cover and steam 30 seconds.
- Serve into warm bowls and enjoy!
This was very easy to make and very good. I was not able to get hokkien so used spaghetti. I would make again but add more vegies.
Delish! The oyster sauce made this perfect. I used fettucini bc we do not have hokkein noodles here. Came out great. Thanks for a great quick and easy recipe!
This was an OK recipe. No WoW! effect. It had an OK flavor. It was also easy to prepare and low in calories. Maybe if I put in some hot chili peppers it would get some "WOW". I used Hot Mexican Chile Powder still no WoW! I would make again "if and I mean if" I ran out of new recipes. DH says I never make the same thing twice. That's not true. I only make 5 Star's twice.