1/3 Photos of Chilli Crusted Chicken Noodles
This NEVER goes wrong, is quick, easy and healthy. On the table in 15 minutes. Even my conservative and fussy 16 yr old brother in law loves it. Flavour is amazing! (am drooling just writing the recipe!) Just wanted to mention that the chilli powder used is Australian chilli powder (ie hot stuff) not the milder variety used in making US/Mexican chilies!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (use 2 tsp if cooking for spice-conservative eaters!)
- 6 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced for stir frying
- 2 tablespoons mirin or 2 tablespoons sherry wine, but mirin is better
- 2 (500 g) packages hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1Combine chilli powder, cornflour and salt; thoroughly coat chicken slices.
- 2Heat peanut oil in wok over med-high heat, cook chicken in 4 batches, adding more oil between batches if necessary.
- 3Remove from wok and leave on paper towels to drain.
- 4Put hokkein noodles in a strainer and run under warm water, using your fingers to separate the noodles.
- 5Re-heat wok over medium heat, add a splash of oil and stir-fry carrot and spring onion for 1 minute.
- 6Add noodles and mirin, toss for 1 minute.
- 7Add oyster sauce and 2 tab water, stir through then cover and steam for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Add chicken, toss, cover and steam 30 seconds.
- 9Serve into warm bowls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Crusted Chicken Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1209.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 256.4 mg
- Sodium 2180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 52.1 g