This is always in my kitchen cupboard and has many uses. Add to pasta, soups, stir fries, sauces, bruchetta, dips, etc. For a spicy bread dip use the oil and add fresh chopped herbs (parsley, basil, coriander) and garlic, add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste!!! The oil does not have to mature, it is ready to use after you have made it. Don't forget to add this to your gift baskets!
- 12 medium dried chilies, approx
- 2 cups corn oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- Chop up the chili peppers, put them in a pan with the corn oil.
- Let this heat up for about 10 minutes. Make sure you don’t let it get too hot!
- Take off the heat and let it cool down.
- Add the sesame oil and the cayenne pepper, cover and leave for 12 hours or longer.
- Using a funnel and some cheesecloth, filter the oil into a clean bottle and seal.
- If you make this to give as a gift add a few dried chilies to the bottle.