1/1 Photo of Chicken W/Cashews and Snow Peas
Having bought a new Wok recently (yeah another cooking gadget) I pulled out this Chinese cookbook, I love this recipe which comes from the book "The art of Wok cooking".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch (UK cornflour)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 20 snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 -1 1/2 cup hot chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1Marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes in mixture of the first 5 ingredients.
- 2Heat oil in uncovered wok until temps reach 375% degrees.
- 3Add chicken mixture and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add snow peas and water chestnuts stir fry for 1 minute.
- 5Add chicken stock and salt, stir fry until slightly thickened.
- 6Stir in cashews and cook for a few seconds.
- 7Serve immediately over noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken W/Cashews and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 977.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g