Chef #293530's Note:
I adapted this recipe from Mysterygirl's Chicken Teriyaki (#14610). I updated quantities for the marinade, substituted several ingredients, and basically made it a different recipe in order to reduce prep time. All ingredients come from a can, jar, or freezer bag. In other words: no cutting, no washing, no food prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken (Scalopinni works best)
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (we use the kind that comes in a jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb stir fry vegetables, frozen
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or other oil that's equally tasteless)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1Start defrosting chicken if it's frozen.
- 2Take the bag of frozen veggies out and let them defrost on your counter.
- 3Prepare the Marinade: boil water, teriyaki sauce, ginger, onion, garlic powder, and the jarred minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- 4Cool the marinade while waiting for the chicken to defrost.
- 5Cut the defrosted chicken into bite sized pieces before marinading.
- 6Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes: combine the chicken with the marinade in a glass bowl; make sure that all the chicken is coated with marinade.
- 7Start preparing the spaghetti 5 to 10 minutes before using the marinated chicken. You'll want the spaghetti to be done when you make the left-over marinade into a kind of spaghetti sauce.
- 8Pluck the chicken out of the marinade with your hands to reserve the marinade in the marinade bowl. Put the chicken on aluminum foil to avoid an extra plate to wash.
- 9Heat the oil up in a wok or pan.
- 10Start frying the chicken. You can optionally mess with the foil wrap to recapture any marinade that may have dripped off the chicken.
- 11While the chicken is cooking for 5-7 minutes, prepare the frozen veggies: open the bag, drain any water, possibly rinse off any frost burn.
- 12Add veggies to the wok or pan.
- 13Cook until ready, then distribute it onto serving platters to free up the pan/wok.
- 14Use a fork to mix cornstarch with 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
- 15Pour the remaining marinade (all of about 3 or 4 tablespoons) into the wok and heat to a boil.
- 16Thicken this meager bit with 1-2 tablespoons of the cornstarch/water mixture. When thickened, consider it sauce.
- 17Pour said sauce over the spaghetti and mix it up.
- 18Add the spaghetti to the serving plates and call it a night.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1942.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables