Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My personal favorite stir-fry recipe. Great on its own, or over rice! For the curious: the seasoning mix adds maybe another 10 calories per serving. You could also try adding bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms, and sugar snap pea pods.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 5 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) canssliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelopesun-bird stir fry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
To Prepare Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Mix seasoning, soy sauce, sugar, water, and garlic in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large (12" or greater) skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry chicken until browned (around 10 minutes).
- Add vegetables and stir-fry another ten minutes or so (until vegetables are hot and beginning to soften slghtly).
- Pour sauce into skillet/wok and continue stir-frying until sauce thickens (1-2 minutes).
- Serve with rice, chow mein noodles, and/or some egg drop soup. Enjoy!
The flavor on this was really good, but I REALLY needed a big wok for this one! I wasn't able to stir fry this so much as constantly turn everything over in place with my tongs -once the veggies were in, it filled my biggest skillet and then some! But for all the hassle of cooking it, it tasted really wonderful over rice! I added some green and yellow pepper strips. I will be making this again, but maybe only for myself, so I can make a smaller batch! :)