I used to maintain a website called "Guide to Living Alone" which featured some good recipes for one person. This recipe is one I put together for my friend Ellen, because it was one of her favorite sidedishes at a Chinese restaurant we frequented. The little triangular foil packets of chicken were such a treat! If you double/triple/etc the recipe, it can also make good appetizers for a party, or even take-alongs for a picnic or potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces can cooked white chicken meat
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese hoisin sauce
- 1 dash sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 dashes sesame oil, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted minced garlic (or garlic powder to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced water chestnut (optional)
- 1Mix together all ingredients.
- 2Put into covered dish and put in fridge to marinate for one hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Wrap tablespoon sized portions in pieces of aluminum foil, either in triangular shapes or about 2 1/2-inch square.
- 5Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.
- 6Serve along with stirfry and rice, or as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Foil Triangles - Aka Twice Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 307.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g