- 1 cup chicken, diced, cooked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup lettuce or 1 cup Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- Combine chicken, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Cook rice in hot oil in skillet over medium heat until golden brown; stir frequently.
- Reduce heat, add chicken with soy sauce and broth.
- Simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove cover last few minutes.
- Stir in onion, green pepper and celery.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Push rice mixture to sides of skillet. Add eggs; cook until almost set. Blend into rice mixture. Stir in lettuce; serve at once with soy sauce.
I love this dish. My mom made it all the time while I was growing up and it was always a fav. Now I make it for my husband and its his favorite as well. Usually when I make it I use a little extra broth and let the veggies cook longer so they aren't crunchy. And I always use an extra egg. Yum Yum! Everyone that tries this dish LOVES it!