Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I used the food processor to do my chopping and used leftover roast chicken along with leftover rice from Chinese take-out. This will serve 2 persons as a main dish or 4-6 as a side dish. As always, feel free to switch the meats and veggies to your taste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame oil in a skillet and saute carrots and onions until tender. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoons Chinese sesame oil to pan and add eggs, swirling until they set, then flipping egg over and cooking until done. Set aside and chop.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter to pan, and add rice and the chopped chicken, cooking until it sizzles and seems about to stick, then add carrot/onion mixture along with peas, cooked egg, and green onion. (it's possible you may need a little extra butter if your meat is really lean).
- Stir until it sizzles and seems about to stick then pour in the soy sauce, stirring until it absorbs into the rice.
- Serve hot with more soy sauce if you like.