1/1 Photo of Chicken Chow Mein - Easy!
Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
From BBC's Chinese Food Made Easy, the best recent TV cookery show. Very simple to make, and tasty! I added a little more five-spice than the original recipe. Omit the chilli sauce if you wish, or add a little more to give it extra zing. If you don't have groundnut oil (peanut oil), use vegetable oil, NOT olive oil, which is too strong flavoured. Serves two as a main course, or four as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 300 g chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1 large spring onion, sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Drizzle with a little sesame oil and toss.
- 2Place chicken in a bowl and toss with dark soy, five-spice powder and chilli sauce. Dust with cornflour.
- 3Heat a wok until smoking before adding the groundnut oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until golden brown and cooked through.
- 4Add red pepper, stir fry for a minute, then add onion and beansprouts, cooking for a further 30s. Stir in the noodles and season with light soy sauce, a dash of sesame oil and black pepper, to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chow Mein - Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 1653.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: