1/1 Photo of Chicken Chow Mein
This cooks up very quickly, so get your prep work done first, then start cooking! Easy but delicious, from start to finish in under 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chinese noodles (I use the fresh ones found in the produce department)
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly (freezing for about 20 minutes make this task easier)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 2 ounces ham, finely sliced
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1*You'llwant to get your prep work done first, because this will cook up very quickly.
- 2*Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 3Rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- 4After you slice the chicken, place it in a bowl with 2 tsp of soy sauce, the rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- 5Toss to coat.
- 6Heat half the olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- 7When the oil is nice and hot, add the chicken mixture.
- 8Stir fry for 2 minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- 9Wipe the pan out and heat the remaining olive oil.
- 10Stir in the garlic, snow peas, and ham.
- 11Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- 12Add the drained noodles to the pan, and continue to stir fry till the noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 13Add the remaining soy, the oyster sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 14You may find you don't need salt.
- 15Add the chicken and any juices back to the pan, then add the green onions.
- 16Give a final stir and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.4
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 2088.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g