Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Save yourself the trip to your local Chinese food restaurant, and make this authentic dish right at home with the freshest of ingredients! This recipe makes some extra sauce, so you have plenty for your rice ;)
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, 1-inch squares
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch squares
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml cashew nuts
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml shaoxing wine
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml chili paste with soybean (Chiu Chow Chili Oil)
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- Heat Peanut and Sesame Oil in Wok over med-high heat.
- Fry Chicken until outsides are cooked, ie, all pink is no longer seen, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add Onions and Carrots and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add Red Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, and Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Cashew Nuts and cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn the nuts.
- Add sauce: Soy Sauce, Shaoxing Rice Wine, Oyster Sauce, Dry Mustard, Sugar, Chili Oil, and Cornstarch; bring sauce to boil (to activate cornstarch) and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed white rice.