Da Long's Note:
Save yourself the trip to your local Chinese food restaurant, and make this authentic dish right at home with the freshest of ingredients! This recipe makes some extra sauce, so you have plenty for your rice ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 onion, 1-inch squares
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch squares
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with soybean (Chiu Chow Chili Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Heat Peanut and Sesame Oil in Wok over med-high heat.
- 2Fry Chicken until outsides are cooked, ie, all pink is no longer seen, about 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add Onions and Carrots and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add Red Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, and Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add Cashew Nuts and cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn the nuts.
- 6Add sauce: Soy Sauce, Shaoxing Rice Wine, Oyster Sauce, Dry Mustard, Sugar, Chili Oil, and Cornstarch; bring sauce to boil (to activate cornstarch) and remove from heat.
- 7Serve with steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Cashew Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1447.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with soybean