Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Save yourself the trip to your local Chinese food restaurant, and make this authentic dish right at home with the freshest of ingredients! This recipe makes some extra sauce, so you have plenty for your rice ;)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, 1-inch squares
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch squares
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with soybean (Chiu Chow Chili Oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat Peanut and Sesame Oil in Wok over med-high heat.
- Fry Chicken until outsides are cooked, ie, all pink is no longer seen, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add Onions and Carrots and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add Red Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, and Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Cashew Nuts and cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn the nuts.
- Add sauce: Soy Sauce, Shaoxing Rice Wine, Oyster Sauce, Dry Mustard, Sugar, Chili Oil, and Cornstarch; bring sauce to boil (to activate cornstarch) and remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed white rice.