1/2 Photos of Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
This came from a diabetic cook book and is very easy and very delicious. Dinner can be ready in 20 minutes, aside from marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, skinned and cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup celery, cut diagonally
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup broccoli, flowerets and stems,sliced
- 1 cup Chinese pea pod
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1In a glass dish, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onions and chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- 3In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- 4Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken loses it's pink color.
- 5Remove chicken Add celery, carrots, and broccoli and cook, stirring, for at least 3 minutes.
- 6Add pea pods and marinade and cover.
- 7Let vegetables steam for 2-3 minutes Add chicken and sesame seeds and stir to combine Vegetables should be crisp-tender, pea pods still bright and green.
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 625.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.5 g