Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from a diabetic cook book and is very easy and very delicious. Dinner can be ready in 20 minutes, aside from marinading.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, skinned and cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup celery, cut diagonally
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup broccoli, flowerets and stems,sliced
- 1 cup Chinese pea pod
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a glass dish, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onions and chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken loses it's pink color.
- Remove chicken Add celery, carrots, and broccoli and cook, stirring, for at least 3 minutes.
- Add pea pods and marinade and cover.
- Let vegetables steam for 2-3 minutes Add chicken and sesame seeds and stir to combine Vegetables should be crisp-tender, pea pods still bright and green.
- Serve with rice.
Did I read this recipe correctly? It says to reuse marinade from raw chicken and then just heat it for 2-3 minutes! That seems like a very bad idea.
I just tried this today but since I didn't have the veggies in it, I added asparagus and mushrooms and it was super yummy!!! Thank you for sharing it. :)
Very easy recipe. I used precooked chicken that I had in the freezer, marinated it for 5 hours then added it with the marinade to the celery & carrots that had cooked for 4 minutes,,warmed the chicken & sauce for 3 minutes, added the brocolli cooked covered for 2 minutes. added 1 tsp chili flakes and 2 tbsp Marsala. Finally the pea pods for the last 2 minutes - The pods were lovely and crisp. Served with basmati rice. Excellent dinner thanks luminajd