1/4 Photos of Chicken and Teriyaki Sauce
Galley Wench's Note:
Posted for Asia - ZWT 2006. Recipe came from a 'Favorite Restaurant Dishes' Chinese cooking class I took in Phoenix many many years ago. It includes making your own teriyaki sauce, which is EXCELLENT, so don't go for the store bought stuff . . .make your own, it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Chinese sweet wine)
- 1Mix marinade ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar and mirin.
- 2Add chcken and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 3Mix 4 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- 4In small sauce pan mix together Teriyaki Sauce ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar, Mirin, ginger and garlic powder.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Add cornstarch mixture.
- 7Stir until thickened.
- 8Brush sauce on chicken and grill or roast (at 350 degrees)f until done (basting several times).
- 9Keep sauce warm while chicken cooks.
- 10Cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- 11Arrange on top of bowl of rice with additional teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Teriyaki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 2974.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 35.9 g