Posted for Asia - ZWT 2006. Recipe came from a 'Favorite Restaurant Dishes' Chinese cooking class I took in Phoenix many many years ago. It includes making your own teriyaki sauce, which is EXCELLENT, so don't go for the store bought stuff . . .make your own, it's worth it!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Chinese sweet wine)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons mirin (Chinese sweet wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix marinade ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar and mirin.
- Add chcken and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix 4 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- In small sauce pan mix together Teriyaki Sauce ingredients; soy sauce, water, sugar, Mirin, ginger and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Brush sauce on chicken and grill or roast (at 350 degrees)f until done (basting several times).
- Keep sauce warm while chicken cooks.
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- Arrange on top of bowl of rice with additional teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.