Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken and Cashews Lettuce Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 240 g minced chicken meat
- 1⁄4 cup fried cashew nuts, chopped
- 6 big lettuce leaves (for wrapping)
- 1 cup coriander, chopped finely
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix minced chicken meat with egg white, water, cornstarch, salt, tenderizer, MSG and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add the meat, corriander and wine, soy sauce and pepper into the pan.
- Stir-fry until the meat is cooked.
- Remove into a plate.
- Divide the meat into 6 portions.
- Place each portion on each lettuce leaf.
- Sprinkle cashew nuts over the meat and serve.
While I was cooking the chicken I was a bit skeptical, it just didn't seem right. I recipe also doesn't specifically say how to fry the cashews so I just stirfried them before I did the chicken and then chopped them up. We used green leaf lettuce (i hate iceberg) and wrapped them one by one at the table. WE LOVED THEM!! I don't really remember what PFChang's lettuce wraps are like (or if these are supposed to be similar) but they were much better. The saltiness and richness of the cashews really added to the rolls--more than a peanut would have. We will add this to our regular recipe file. Very easy too!
We definitely enjoyed this. I added water chestnuts chopped up and I don't use msg. But other than that followed the recipe. Next time will add in a chili pepper to add a little more flavor. Would also suggest updating the title to "Wraps" so it comes up with all the other lettuce wraps recipes - I accidently stumbled on this one when I mistyped my search request.