Low in Fat, tasty and easy to prepare.
Make and share this Chicken Almond Guy Ding recipe from Food.com.
- Blanch almonds, then peel the skins off.
- Roast in oven at 375 for about 10-15 min (or until you are finished cooking) Add oil to wok and heat until smoking.
- Add onion and chicken, cook about 4 minute stirring occasionally.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients (except the corn starch/water mixture and the almonds).
- Cover wok and stir every two min for about 4-6 min.
- Then add Corn starch mixture and allow to thicken in the wok.
- Add almonds and serve.
Good start; build from this base recipe to meet your taste expectations.
The flavors went well together. I substituted a 15 ounce can of chicken broth for the 1/2 cup of water and made the teaspoon of cornstarch a heaping teaspoon because my family likes Chinese food saucy. I also upped the chicken a bit.(I used a pack of 4 boneless breasts.)