Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional Chinese recipe for pork - the pork is very flavorful and fairly sweet. I had never heard of this until my first trip to Hawaii; now I know what I was missing. I'm posting a companion recipe for this (Cha Siu Bao - barbecued pork buns) in a few days. Prep time includes marinating time.
- Trim the fat from the pork and cut into chunks; each chunk should be between 2-4 bites.
- Blend all remaining ingredients.
- The pork and marinade should be fairly bright red- add enough food coloring to give it a nice color.
- Marinate for at least 3 and preferable 24 hours.
- Broil or grill for 3-4 minutes on a side or until the pork is done through.