Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Fine Cooking, this is great for adding to noodle or rice dishes.
Make and share this Char Siu recipe from Food.com.
- Cut small incisions in pork at 1 inch intervals.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.place pork in a large plastic bag, pour marinade over, refrigerate overnight, turning a few times.
- Heat broiler and position rack 6 inches from heat.
- Put a rack in a roasting pan, place pork on rack. add 1/4-inch of water to the pan.
- Cook 15-25 minutes until a thermometer registers 145°F.
I made this with a pork tenderloin and then ended up using it the next day in some pork fried rice. I thought the flavour was excellent. I will definitely be making this again.
I absoluteIy love char sui and thought this was the best char sui that I've ever made. It really was beautiful. I live in a european city with the oldest chinese community and it was comparable to the char sui sold in many of their best restaurants.
im marinating my tenderloin in this now. I plan on using it to make some pork buns. the sause tastes wonderful