Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Better than take out. If you dont have a wok, you can use a large fry pan. Watch those cashews, or they can burn easily.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1 inch suares (1 green/1 red if you like)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges,layers separated
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can baby corn (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- make cooking sauce and place on side.
- prepare marinade, add chicken, stir to coat.
- heat wok over medium high heat.
- When wok is hot, add 3 tblsp oil.
- when oil is hot, add cashews and stir fry until brown-- BE CAREFUL, CASHEWS COOK QUICKLY, about 1/2 minute.
- Remove cashews with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken mixture and stir fry until meat is no longer pink in center-- about 3/5 minutes.
- remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into wok.
- When oil is hot, add bell peppers, onion, and ginger, and stir fry until pepper is tender crisp to bite-- about 4 minutes.
- Add pea pods and mushrooms, stir fry about 1 minute.
- Add baby corn, stir fry 1/2 minute.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Stir cooking sauce and pour into wok.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in cashews.
- Serve over rice.
Absolutely delicious! I made this pretty much as written except: I didn't have white wine vinegar and used rice vinegar instead, and I used fresh ginger in place of the ground ginger. Oh, I also used 5 chicken breast HALVES. The sauce was wonderful and my family of five wiped out this meal. Thanks a lot for the recipe, I'll definitely be making this again.
Wow - wonderful recipe - this is an "again please recipe". I marinaded the chicken in the corn starch/soy for about 3 hours. Like the other 2 reviewers I used rice vinegar. Excellent cooking sauce! I omitted the corn starch from it . I left the chicken in the wok when I added the onions & mushrooms finally added the peppers. I did not have any snow peas (weather too miserable to go out) but they would add extra color & flavor. Used yellow, red & green peppers. Thanks BoxO'Wine for a great recipe
I would like to give this recipe more than 5 stars! Absolutely fantastic! You are right when you say it is better than take-out. I used 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs. I did not have the white wine vinegar, but used rice wine vinegar in it's place. Sherry & I will make this again!!!!