1/1 Photo of Cashew Chicken
Better than take out. If you dont have a wok, you can use a large fry pan. Watch those cashews, or they can burn easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1 inch suares (1 green/1 red if you like)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges,layers separated
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 can baby corn (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
- 1make cooking sauce and place on side.
- 2prepare marinade, add chicken, stir to coat.
- 3heat wok over medium high heat.
- 4When wok is hot, add 3 tblsp oil.
- 5when oil is hot, add cashews and stir fry until brown-- BE CAREFUL, CASHEWS COOK QUICKLY, about 1/2 minute.
- 6Remove cashews with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 7Add chicken mixture and stir fry until meat is no longer pink in center-- about 3/5 minutes.
- 8remove from wok and set aside.
- 9Pour remaining oil into wok.
- 10When oil is hot, add bell peppers, onion, and ginger, and stir fry until pepper is tender crisp to bite-- about 4 minutes.
- 11Add pea pods and mushrooms, stir fry about 1 minute.
- 12Add baby corn, stir fry 1/2 minute.
- 13Return chicken to wok.
- 14Stir cooking sauce and pour into wok.
- 15Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- 16Stir in cashews.
- 17Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.6
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1781.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar