1/1 Photo of Cashew Chicken
A spicy, marinated chicken stir fry. I use an ingredient called chili paste found in Asian markets but you could also use something called chili garlic sauce or a Siracha type sauce. Just taste the sauce before adding because they can vary wildly in heat and spice level; adjust to your taste. Serve over plain white rice if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Marinade and chicken
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces, then thinly sliced lengthwise to form thin strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (or grated)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (see recipe description)
- 1Prepare marinade by whisking together soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, sesame oil and egg white. Add chicken, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile combine green onions, garlic, ginger and chili paste in a small dish. Combine sauce ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
- 3Heat a 12-inch skillet (or wok) over high heat until searing hot. Add 1 teaspoon oil, then half the chicken. Cook, without stirring, 2 minutes. Stir fry another 2 minutes. Remove from pan (it may not be cooked through); set aside. Repeat with another teaspoon of oil and remaining chicken.
- 4Warm cashews in a small skillet over low heat; do not allow to burn.
- 5Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet or wok. Add green onion mixture; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add bell pepper. Sauté until just crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Return chicken to pan stir fry to combine. Shake sauce and add to pan. Cook until sauce thickens slightly. Add cashews; toss gently and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 713.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g