This is the cashew chicken dish I served when I owned my restaurant. It's adapted from "The Chinese Menu Cookbook" by Hush and Wong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup vegetable oil, about
- 1*Hoisin sauce is available in Asian markets.
- 2It's made with beans, flour, garlic, etc.
- 3This is the stuff they serve with mu shu pork that they call plum sauce.
- 4It is, in fact not plum sauce and doesn't look or taste anything like plum sauce.
- 5Marinade (10- 20 minutes).
- 6Sub other vegetables if you want.
- 7Heat the oil in wok; carefully add chicken and stir unti just cooked.
- 8(This shouldn't take more than 90 seconds to two minutes).
- 9Remove to a sieve and let the oil drain into a bowl.
- 10Reheat the wok and add a tablespoon or two of the oil.
- 11Stir fry the vegetables until just cooked.
- 12Return chicken; stir in hoisin adding a little chicken stock if too dry.
- 13Stir in nuts& sesame oil.
- 14Serve immediately with steamed rice.
- 15Note: this dish doesn't have a lot of gravy, just the hoisin that coats the chicken and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1543.2
- Calories from Fat 1295
- Total Fat 143.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 1675.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 34.8 g