An authentic tasting oriental dish that can be prepared at home. This is a restaurant quality dish. Be prepared to share this recipe with others.
- 118.29 ml catsup
- 19.71 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (or chicken tenders)
- 59.14 ml cooking oil
- 29.58 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml snow peas
- 354.88 ml cashews
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice
- Combine Catsup, soy sauce, salt,Worcestershire Sauce, sugar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and chicken broth and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Toss the chicken with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat a wok or frying pan to a high heat and add cooking oil.
- When oil is hot add chicken.
- Add gingeroot, garlic and onion.
- Stir fry mixture until chicken is cooked through and opaque.
- Add bell pepper and carrots, stir fry until tender crisp about 2-3 minutes, then add snow peas.
- Continue to stir fry until tender crisp.
- Add catsup/soysauce mixture to chicken and vegetables and cook until it comes to a boil.
- Add the cashews and serve immediately over a bed of white rice.