An authentic tasting oriental dish that can be prepared at home. This is a restaurant quality dish. Be prepared to share this recipe with others.
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (or chicken tenders)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Combine Catsup, soy sauce, salt,Worcestershire Sauce, sugar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and chicken broth and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Toss the chicken with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat a wok or frying pan to a high heat and add cooking oil.
- When oil is hot add chicken.
- Add gingeroot, garlic and onion.
- Stir fry mixture until chicken is cooked through and opaque.
- Add bell pepper and carrots, stir fry until tender crisp about 2-3 minutes, then add snow peas.
- Continue to stir fry until tender crisp.
- Add catsup/soysauce mixture to chicken and vegetables and cook until it comes to a boil.
- Add the cashews and serve immediately over a bed of white rice.