Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious fried rice is a nice change of pace for leftover meat and veggies. It's good made with your choice of ham, pork, or grilled chicken. I like to put the rice together early in the day then simply reheat it at suppertime. It's already-tasty flavor seems to only improve with time!
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok; sauté onion over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Push onions and garlic to side; pour eggs onto bottom of wok; cook and stir eggs for 1-2 minutes until firm; stir onions, garlic, and eggs together.
- Add meat, rice, green onions, and any additional veggies from optional list** below to wok; stir and toss until evenly mixed and almost heated through.
- Add bean sprouts and soy sauce to wok; stir until heated through; serve (or put away for later meal) and enjoy!
- For variety you may add (at same time as meat) any of the following **optional veggies: Sliced mushrooms, sliced water chestnuts, thinly sliced celery, snow peas, (thawed) peas & carrots, chopped green pepper, finely shredded cabbage, or slivered almonds ~ Just don't be afraid to experiment and use whatever's in your refrigerator!
- Note: Including 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil with the vegetable oil gives the rice a really wonderful flavor!
Fabulous recipe. I added more vegies & doubled everything to make meals for during the week. My hubby normally doesn't like my fried rice, but really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing this recipe Deb.
I agree with many other reviewers here, and give this recipe a full 5 stars! This is both delicious and healthy, and does not give you that "heavy" feeling after eating. A most delicious taste! I followed the directions as stated and made no exceptions or changes. The meat I used was from a freshly grilled chicked I purchased at the supermarket. Perfect! Thank you, Deb!
This was the dish I chose for the ZWT Asian Low Fat challenge so I did make a lot of changes to it but the flavor was still there! I subbed tofu for the meat, reduced the oil, used egg substitute, etc. In spite of all that, it was very tasty for a vegetarian main dish! Thanks for allowing me to tinker with your T&T recipe.