1 hr 10 mins
Posted in reply to a message board request for duck recipes. I don't know how authentic this recipe is, but its yummy just the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ready to cook wild ducks (1 to 2 pound each)
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 3 -5 fresh celery leaves
- 1Season both ducks inside and out with salt.
- 2Place half the orange wedges and a few celery leaves into the cavity of each bird.
- 3Place birds, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 4Roast uncovered in a hot (400°F/200°c) oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- 5If necessary, cover pan with foil to prevent excess browning.
- 6Prepare sauce by combining all (sauce) ingredients in a sauce pan.
- 7Heat through (for about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- 8During the last 10 minutes of roasting, baste ducks occasionally with sauce.
- 9Remove ducks from oven; discard stuffing.
- 10Serve over hot cooked rice.
- 11Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantonese Duck
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 216.0 mg
- Sodium 484.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 48.4 g