Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted in reply to a message board request for duck recipes. I don't know how authentic this recipe is, but its yummy just the same.
- Season both ducks inside and out with salt.
- Place half the orange wedges and a few celery leaves into the cavity of each bird.
- Place birds, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered in a hot (400°F/200°c) oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- If necessary, cover pan with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Prepare sauce by combining all (sauce) ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat through (for about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- During the last 10 minutes of roasting, baste ducks occasionally with sauce.
- Remove ducks from oven; discard stuffing.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.