Made this for my freezer meal group this month and it turned out yummy! Adapted/combined several other recipes to come up with this. Stir fry everything in sesame oil or peanut oil for more flavor, then sprinkle with sesame seeds or peanuts at the very end. Very adaptable recipe - enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb stewing beef, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets (or frozen cut broccoli, the florets just look nicer)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I prefer lite, less salty)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (whatever you have or prefer) or 1 tablespoon sesame (whatever you have or prefer) or 1 tablespoon peanut oil (whatever you have or prefer)
- 1In a bowl, combine garlic powder, ground ginger, & onion powder.
- 2Add beef and toss. Put into quart sized freezer bag.
- 3Put frozen broccoli into separate freezer bag.
- 4In a quart sized freezer bag combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch & water until smooth.
- 5(I made 22 recipes of this for my exchange, so I put 1 Tbsp of cornstarch in each bag, and lined them up on my counter. Then I mixed all the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Then I poured a bit more than 3/4 cup of the mixture into each bag and that came out about right).
- 6Seal bags tightly, lay flat on cookie sheets, and freeze everything.
- 7To cook from frozen:.
- 8Defrost everything overnight in the fridge. Half hour before cooking, take everything out of the fridge so it can completely defrost.
- 9In a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in your choice of oil until beef reaches desired doneness.
- 10At the same time, warm up your broccoli a bit under some hot running water in a collander so that it doesn't cool down your stir fry when you add it to the pan.
- 11Add the broccoli and stir-fry another 2-4 minutes until broccoli reaches desired doneness.
- 12At this point you can add either or both of the optional veggies for flavor & color and the red pepper if you like it a little spicy.
- 13Next, add the contents of the sauce bag to the pan.
- 14Cook and stir for about 2 more minutes, until sauce thickens sufficiently.
- 15Sprinkle the whole thing with sesame seeds or peanuts if desired.
- 16Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Beef Stir Fry - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1036.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless round steak