Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light and crisp boc choi dish. Perfect for lighting a fire in your lover.
Make and share this Bok Choi for Selina recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 10 slices ginger, sliced into matchsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 10 cups baby bok choy, halved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- In a small bowl mix the tapioca starch, water and chili oil.
- Heat Wok (or large frying pan) to smoking Add oil and swirl around the edges of the pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and toss for 5 seconds or until the garlic starts to turn golden on the edges.
- Add boc choi and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, toss to coat with oil and cover for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- You want the boc choi to turn bright green, but stay crisp.
- When the boc choi is ready, stir the starch mixture, pour over the boc choi and quickly toss until the sauce turns transparent (5-10 seconds).
- Serve with rice.
i used way too much oil in the wok so it was very oily - the sauce had a nice taste, but got too viscous - because of the excess oil? We had this with organic sausage, rice pilaf and honeydew melon :) and liked it
Very good tasting recipe. I used lite olive oil and left out the cornstarch. This was served with crockpot chicken and the taste contrast was great Thanks, Bergy