1/1 Photo of Boiled Shrimp and Pork Dumplings
A couple of weeks ago I went to a market and saw some dumplings in one of the stalls. I wanted to buy some but they were so expensive, so I decided I'd just make them myself. The preparation - filling and shaping the dumplings - does take time, but I think it is worth the result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g ground pork
- 100 g shrimp, finely chopped or ground using food processor
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 -40 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste (for the stock)
- 1 dash mushroom soy sauce (optional, but remember that the stock will look a bit brown)
- iceberg lettuce (optional) or broccoli (optional) or cauliflower (optional) or carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1Mix all ingredients except wonton wrappers and stock.
- 2Place a teaspoon of meat mixture in the center of wrappers.
- 3Enclose the filling - you can shape the wontons into any shape you want. Don't forget to wet the edges of wrappers to ensure the filling is sealed well.
- 4Boil the chicken stock over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- 6Carefully put dumplings into stock and cook, covered, until dumplings float in the surface. Don't crowd the dumplings - you may need to repeat this step for 2-3 times.
- 7Add the vegetables along with the last batch of dumplings, if using.
- 8Add salt, pepper, or soy sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Shrimp and Pork Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 1083.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom soy sauce