Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From our former first lady. And it IS delicious!! Have had this recipe for years. It was in a little community cookbook. Wonder how they got it?? I serve this over rice.
- Cut steak lengthwise in 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in lg skillet.
- Fry steak a handful at a time only long enough to change color.
- Remove steak from skillet.
- Saute the green peppers.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in dutch oven.
- Add onion soup mix and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add steak and peppers.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until just thickened.