Prep 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
From our former first lady. And it IS delicious!! Have had this recipe for years. It was in a little community cookbook. Wonder how they got it?? I serve this over rice.
- Cut steak lengthwise in 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in lg skillet.
- Fry steak a handful at a time only long enough to change color.
- Remove steak from skillet.
- Saute the green peppers.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in dutch oven.
- Add onion soup mix and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add steak and peppers.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until just thickened.
This was excellent! Even better the next day. This recipe is definitely a keeper. My picky hubby even liked it. I did leave out the sherry when making it, because I didn't have any. One review said they thought the sherry was too strong and I'm glad we left it out. Overall, GREAT recipe and very easy.
I've made this several times and we love it! Can't believe more haven't tried this recipe. Yummy!!
My husband liked this recipe however I found that the Sherry was way too overpowering. Maybe cut the Sherry in half with water and it might be better?