1/2 Photos of Best Pork And/Or Shrimp Egg Rolls
From the American-Chinese food menu, this is the most authentic recipe for egg rolls we've seen. You can make pork egg rolls, shrimp egg rolls, combos, or half of them pork, half of them shrimp. Simply adjust the amounts of pork/shrimp to your liking. These freeze well and are great for OAMC. You can use ground pork, but for the best flavor, use leftover roast pork or rib meat, especially bbq'd. A great idea is to purchase a small order of ribs from the local chinese resteraunt, and cut and dice the meat from the bones for this recipe, or better still, try Chinese Red Cooked Pork :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground chinese ginger
- 3/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded and chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced pork, cooked (recommended Chinese Red Cooked Pork)
- 1/2 cup diced shrimp
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1In a wok set over moderately high heat, add the ground ginger, onion, and celery and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and bean sprouts and stir fry 2-3 minutes more, or until vegetables are slightly softened. Add the pork and/or shrimp and stir-fry 1 minute more.
- 2Add the chicken stock and sugar, bring the mixture to a boil and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Simmer until lightly thickened. Stir in sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Have 1 cup water at a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in cornstarch mixture.
- 4Have 12 egg roll wrappers ready under a dampened towel. Place a portion of the filing in a line diagonally across one corner of wrapper, brush with some of cornstarch paste and fold in the ends. Roll tightly to make a sealed cylinder. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- 5Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry egg rolls, in small batches, turning often, for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Pork And/Or Shrimp Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 217.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: