1/1 Photo of Bergy Dim Sum #6 Steamed sweet Bean Buns
This recipe is from the "Complete Asian Cookbook" I have not tried this recipe as stated but have posted it by request ( I am not even sure if I can buy sweetened canned bean paste here). However the dough is what I use for other steamed Buns and will refer back to this recipe when I post other fillings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Bun Dough (DAI BAO)
- 1--------Instructionsfor dough----------.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl add sugar and mix, rub in the lard with your fingertips until evenly distributed.
- 3Add water and vinegar together and knead until a fairly soft dough.
- 4Shape into a ball and let it rest, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 5----------Tomake the buns-----------.
- 6Divide the dough into10 portions.
- 7Mould each into a smooth ball.
- 8Roll each out on a lightly floured surface to a circle about 4 inches across.
- 9Put a heaping teasp of filling in the centre and gather the edges inward, folding and pleating to make a neat join.
- 10Twist dough to seal.
- 11Put each bun, join downwards, on a piece of bakers paper, lightly greased with sesame seed oil,in a steamer.
- 12Cover and steam for 20 min utes.
- 13Serve warm.
- 14(The cooked buns can be refrigerated overnight and reheated by steaming 3 minutes before serving).
- 15-------------Filling------------:The filling for this recipe is simply a teaspoon full of the prepared sweet bean paste.
- 16There will be other fillings for this dough in further Dim Sum recipe suggestions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergy Dim Sum #6 Steamed sweet Bean Buns
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet bean paste