1/5 Photos of Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
The right name for this appetizer is Har Gow. This can also be part of a Dim Sum Brunch.For a Dim Sum Brunch you would usually serve about 8-10 dishes different dishes, depending on the appetites of your guests. This recipe can be frozen and when you wish to serve it take it frozen and steam them over very high heat. I prefer to freeze them unsteamed. These are tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and salt into a bowl of mixer fitted with the dough paddle and quickly add the boiling water.
- 2Mix until springy.
- 3When cool enough to touch, knead a few times on an oiled surface.
- 4If you do not have a mixer, after you have added the water to the flour/salt work the dough with the handle of a wooden spoon until it is cool enough to knead by hand.
- 5Then knead on an oiled surface until springy.
- 6Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- 7Mix shrimp, water chestnuts, soy sauce,sugar and cornstarch with your fingers until sticky.
- 8Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 9Roll the dough out into a long sausage and cut off pieces (approx 14" long and into 16 pieces).
- 10Roll out each piece into a thin round.
- 11Place a teaspoon of the filling on each round and pinch the edges together (press with a fork to decorate the edges).
- 12Oil your steamer and place the dumplings in it and steam over high heat for 8-9 minutes.
- 13Serve with a spicy chili sauce or soy mixed with hot mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g