1/1 Photo of Beef With Rice Noodles (Kway Teow)
This is a dish which is extremely popular in Singapore. It is a real comfort food to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g lean filet of beef
- 600 g rice noodles (fresh or dry) or 600 g kway teow (if dry, blanch them till they are 95% cooked)
- 100 g chinese chives (optional)
- 500 g bean sprouts, with roots and heads removed
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Slice beef THINLY against the grain.
- 2Mix the beef with all the seasoning ingredients except the sesame oil and canola oil.
- 3Leave the beef to marinate for 20 minutes; then add the sesame and canola oil.
- 4Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, stir fry the chives and bean sprouts till they are SLIGHTLY limp. Set them aside.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok; till hot and NOT smoking, sauté the garlic till crispy and golden (NOT BURNT).
- 6Add rice noodles and stir fry for about 4 minutes till lightly browned.
- 7Set the noodles aside.
- 8Heat remaining oil in wok, add beef, remaining marinade and ginger slices.
- 9Stir fry beef till colour changes.
- 10Add rice noodles and bean sprouts, stir fry till everything is well coated.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef With Rice Noodles (Kway Teow)
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1106.8
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef