1/1 Photo of Beef & Garlic Scapes Stir Fry
Garlic scapes appear in many Chinese dishes. If you don't grow garlic or can't buy scapes at a country market, substitute with green onions or green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb grilling top sirloin steak
- 3 cups garlic scapes, 1 inch pieces
- 1 small hot red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Slice beef across the grain into thin strips, add to bowl& toss to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Cook garlic scapes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes; drain& refresh under cold water.
- 4Drain again, pat dry& set aside.
- 5Wearing rubber gloves, cut hot pepper in half lengthwise, deseed& finely slice.
- 6Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or deep skillet over high heat.
- 7Stir fry beef in batches, using remaining oil as necessary, until browned but still pink inside, about 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- 8Stir fry hot pepper& salt for 1 minute; return beef, any accumulated juices, scapes& stock to wok and stir fry until hot, about a minute.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Garlic Scapes Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.6
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 777.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: