1/7 Photos of BBQ Pork Spareribs
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Peter J's Note:
This is an adaptation of a traditional Chinese recipe suitable for cooking on a barbecue. You will need a barbecue with a hood for best results, or you can do the boring thing and cook in an oven. It has a really nice sauce that goes well over plain rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g pork spareribs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1Blanch ribs in boiling water for two minutes.
- 2Mix soy sauce, water, sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic and diced onion in a small bowl.
- 3Place ribs into a lightly oiled baking tray to avoid a mess on your BBQ and pour over the sauce mixture. The tray is also necessary so the sauce can be reserved.
- 4Cook for 20 minutes over a low heat with the hood of the BBQ closed.
- 5Add the sherry and season with pepper, stir to mix and turn over the ribs.
- 6Continue cooking over low temperature with hood down for another 40 minutes, stirring and turning ribs several times.
- 7Turn the grill section of the BBQ to high and transfer the ribs to the grill. Cook around 5 minutes a side until they are crisp and well browned.
- 8Blend chicken stock and cornflour together.
- 9While ribs are grilling add chicken stock and cornflour to sauce mixture, increase temperature and stir until sauce has thickened.
- 10Serve over boiled rice with sauce poured over top of ribs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Pork Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.4
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 989.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 31.4 g