Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another fabulous recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
Make and share this Barefoot Chinese Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, ends removed,cut into thirds diagonally
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
For the Dressing
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup good apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in large, bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Cut the peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus pieces.
- Combine the shredded chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Delicious! I used Napa Cabbage instead of asparagus, and added chopped mint and slivered almonds. This is a keeper! Easy to make.
Whoa too much salt. Her book calls for 4 teaspoons. I noticed on the Food Network site it only calls for two. Wish I had put just one. You can always add more.
This was tasty! I got lazy though and used a rotisserie chicken and also used a dole asian salad kit to mix some greens in with this like some others mentioned. This made a nice light dinner and was simple to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe!