Another fabulous recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, ends removed,cut into thirds diagonally
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
For the Dressing
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup good apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- 5Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 6Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in large, bite-sized pieces.
- 7Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- 8Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- 10Cut the peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus pieces.
- 11Combine the shredded chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl.
- 12Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- 13Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste.
- 14Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Chinese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 1114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g