Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another fabulous recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten.
Make and share this Barefoot Chinese Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, ends removed,cut into thirds diagonally
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
For the Dressing
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup good apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in large, bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Cut the peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus pieces.
- Combine the shredded chicken, asparagus, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.