Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is posted for a request, but it's a recipe i've made often. The glaze really makes the finished dish. Prep time doesn't include marinating and resting the meat. This is good served hot or cold, and leftovers are great in sandwiches.
- 1 kg pork fillet
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 slice ginger, 6 mm thick
- 4.92 ml sugar
- good pinch pepper
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml black bean sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml shaohsing wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 1.23 ml five-spice powder
- 0.25 ml of chinese red food coloring (I leave this out or use a teaspoon of ordinary food colouring)
- 9.85 ml dark soy sauce
- 14.79 ml oil
- 14.79 ml golden syrup
- 4.92 ml light soy sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a dish, add the pork and marinate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Place the pork on a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place a pan with 6mm of water on the bottom rack in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- For the glaze, heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat, stir in golden syrup and soy sauce.
- Spoon over meat just before serving.
- Slice on the diagonal to serve.