This is posted for a request, but it's a recipe i've made often. The glaze really makes the finished dish. Prep time doesn't include marinating and resting the meat. This is good served hot or cold, and leftovers are great in sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg pork fillet
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices ginger, 6 mm thick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- good pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaohsing wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 pinch of chinese red food coloring (I leave this out or use a teaspoon of ordinary food colouring)
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a dish, add the pork and marinate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2Heat the oven to 180c.
- 3Place the pork on a rack in the middle of the oven.
- 4Place a pan with 6mm of water on the bottom rack in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- 5Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- 6For the glaze, heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat, stir in golden syrup and soy sauce.
- 7Spoon over meat just before serving.
- 8Slice on the diagonal to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Roast Pork Tenderloin(Char Shui)
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 466.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce