This is posted by request, and comes from the Aus Women's Weekly Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook. It's a simple recipe I make quite often. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- Combine soy sauce, red wine, honey, sugar, food colouring, crushed garlic and halved shallot in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, add pork, marinate one hour or cover and refrigerate overnight for best results, turning occasionally.
- Drain pork fillets from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Put pork on wire rack over baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven 30 minutes, turning frequently with tongs and basting frequently with marinade.
- Remove from oven, put on board and allow to cool.
- Cut pork into diagonal slices to serve.