Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another way to use Chinese barbecued pork. This makes fried rice as good as any restaurant's and you don't have to leave home for it! It's easy to embellish on this combination--you can add some thawed frozen green peas, bean sprouts or sauté some diced carrots briefly before adding the eggs and onions. Original recipe is from Dorothy Huang, a local chef and cookbook author.
- 1 cup diced barbecued pork (see my recipe, Barbecued Pork--Chinese Style)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 green onions, sliced with some green included
- 3 cups boiled rice, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the green onions and eggs, and stir for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add rice and the diced pork; stir briskly for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and soy sauce; mix well and serve.
Added peas, topped with cilantro when serving. Yum! Family loved it.
Made this just like recommended and addes peas and carrots. It was delicious; just like you get at a restaurant. Very quick and easy too! I used leftover herbed pork roast, and will keep this recipe for my roast leftovers from now on. Thank you!
Soooo Yummy! I just made it plain Jane and it was amazing, I can't wait till next time, when I jazz it up a bit! Thanks!