1/4 Photos of Awesome Sesame Chicken
People love this sesame chicken. It tastes as close to the restaurant version as I think you can get. It is from about.com I found this a couple of years ago on that site, and BF requests it a tleast 2-3 times a month. it really is great, and although there are a lot of ingredients, it's basically simple to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Cut the chicken into small, approximately 1-inch cubes.
- 2Add the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes.
- 3While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce.
- 4Mix together all of the sauce ingredients except for the green onion.
- 5Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil.
- 6Turn the heat down to a low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- 7Heat oil for deep-frying.
- 8When the oil is ready, add the marinated chicken a few pieces at a time, sliding them into oil carefully, and not to overcrowd.
- 9Deepfry until golden brown.
- 10Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- 11Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
- 12Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- 13Mix in the green onion.
- 14Place the chicken on a large platter and pour sauce over.
- 15Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- 16Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.0
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 1704.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 65.5 g