So good with chicken, game birds, and fish. This sauce could also be canned, sealing in warm sterilized jars. Some people insist you need to process in a water bath for about 10 minutes to be safe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pit the plums. Put into a food processor and purée.
- 2In a heavy, medium-sized non-reactive saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the garlic and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the plum purée, five-spice powder, lime juice, Mirin, brown sugar, chili paste and salt.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Remove from the heat and cool.
- 7Transfer to glass jars and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Spicy Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (932 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 706.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 136.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic