1/1 Photo of Asian Chicken and Snow Pea Noodle Bowl
A noodle bowl is basically a soup. This recipe can easily be changed to a beef noodle bowl, buy substituting beef for the chicken and beef broth for the chicken broth. The original recipe calls for tofu, but I don't eat this. Hard-headed, I guess. If you want it vegetarian use the tofu and vegetable broth. Additional bouillon powder can be added if you like the broth more flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken into thirds (sub other noodle)
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 ounces snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrot (or shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce (sub 1 or 2 drops hot sauce)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (sub parsley)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- 2Stir in vermicelli or other noodle, return to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium high and simmer about 6 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken, snow peas, carrots and chili sauce.
- 5Simmer about 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in green onions, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken and Snow Pea Noodle Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 1180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.7 g