A noodle bowl is basically a soup. This recipe can easily be changed to a beef noodle bowl, buy substituting beef for the chicken and beef broth for the chicken broth. The original recipe calls for tofu, but I don't eat this. Hard-headed, I guess. If you want it vegetarian use the tofu and vegetable broth. Additional bouillon powder can be added if you like the broth more flavorful.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli, broken into thirds (sub other noodle)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- 3 ounces snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrot (or shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce (sub 1 or 2 drops hot sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (sub parsley)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in vermicelli or other noodle, return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high and simmer about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, snow peas, carrots and chili sauce.
- Simmer about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- Serve immediately.
Pretty darn good. I cheasted by using a precooked rotisserie chicken and I also added some sliced mushrooms. Not a big fan of mushrooms, but it did make a nice textural difference and besides my hubby loves them. I will definitely be making this again.
Delicious and healthy. Makes a good quick lunch. Great use for fresh snow peas and leftover chicken.
This is so good!!! So quick and easy to put together. The ginger just brightens up this soup. Love all the flavors. Made for ZWT 6.